PHILIPPINE TRANSPARENCY SEAL
S Y M B O L I S M
A pearl buried inside a tightly-shut shell is practically worthless. Government information is a pearl, meant to be shared with the public in order to maximize its inherent value.
The Transparency Seal, depicted by a pearl shining out of an open shell, is a symbol of a policy shift towards openness in access to government information. On the one hand, it hopes to inspire Filipinos in the civil service to be more open to citizen engagement; on the other, to invite the Filipino citizenry to exercise their right to participate in governance.
This initiative is envisioned as a step in the right direction towards solidifying the position of the Philippines as the Pearl of the Orient – a shining example for democratic virtue in the region.
Source: Section 7.0, National Budget Circular No. 542, August 29, 2012.
DOST Compliance with Section 91 of the General Appropriations Act FY 2014 (or RA 10633)
I. AGENCY'S MANDATE, VISION, MISSION AND LIST OF OFFICIALS
Executive Order No. 128-Mandates the Department to “provide central direction, leadership and coordination of scientific and technological efforts and ensure that the results there from are geared and utilized in areas of maximum economic and social benefits for the people”.
By 2022, Region III shall have developed a wide range of globally competitive gender sensitive products and services which have high science, technology and innovation content for a better quality of life.
Lead in harnessing science, technology and innovation to improve the overall productivity and competitiveness towards sustainable development in Region III.
- Formulate and adopt a comprehensive National Science and Technology Plan, and monitor and coordinate its funding and implementation;
- Promote, assist and, where appropriate, undertake scientific and technological research and development in areas identified as vital to the country's development;
- Promote the development of indigenous technology and the adaptation and innovation of suitable imported technology, and in this regard, undertake technology development up to commercial-stage;
- Undertake design and engineering works to complement research and development functions;
- Promote, assist and, where appropriate, undertake the transfer of the results of scientific and technological research and development to their end-users;
- Promote, assist and, where appropriate, undertake the technological services needed by agriculture, industry, transport, and the general public;
- Develop and maintain an information system and databank on science and technology;
- Develop and implement programs for strengthening scientific and technological capabilities through manpower training, infrastructure, and institution-building;
- Promote public consciousness in science and technology; and
- Undertake policy research, technology assessment, feasibility, and technical studies.
* To view, right click on the link and choose "Save target as../ Save link as.." to download this PDF.
What do you think?
Send us feedback!